Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #1451
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Discs are great for consoles, but for a portable, they're just going to get damaged WAY too easily. Especially if you're in a rush, I doubt you'll be putitng them back in cases. Plus you won't be able to carry more than 1 or two at a teim.

    Also, discs get damaged just from being jolted around in a case, how do you thinkt hey'll be in a pocket? or a portable? It's just not practical for portables to use CDs. Might allow better technology, but most people have consoles for their console games, and portables for quick games that are easily saved at anytime, or at least in a sleep mode, so they can play on the go.

    That also will hurt the PSP; the battery. Even if it has a sleep mdoe for games, which I doubt it will, think how long it'll lasT? I know I need a portable to last 7 hours, if I'm in some relaly long dungeon and will be using slepe mode alot. Unless a game has save anywehre, which not many will have on the PSP. In fact, most are games that look like they'll require you to play at least 15 minutes at a time to prgress to a save oint, if they act like their console counterparts.

  2. #1452
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ah yea the battery life is a pain... though i dont see how jolting around can ruin a disc... lol what static electricity builds up? =P

  3. #1453
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whoa whoa what is this DS and PSP stuff? new handhelds coming out?? minidisc based handheld system?? sw337 i think disc's pros outweigh its cons...

  4. #1454
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, we're FINALLY getting a real technical competition and all of a sudden you can do superb 3D in a handheld ^_^

  5. #1455
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *splooge* omg im savin meh money

  6. #1456
    Inactive Member Templar Zeratul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Xellos also points out another large point of mine. I have my Gamecube and my PS2 for my console games, and my SP for my games on the run. I want a handheld that I can playfor a long time without having to run out of batteries and that I can shut off in a second without losing any data.

    I dont know about the cartriges thing Wiseman, but if you ever heard my story about Super Mario 64 (119 Stars and 97 Coins and I died) then you will know that Cartriges are very durable =P

  7. #1457
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Depending on the size of the disc, you could carry a case with a couple fo them, and if it's well designed, they won't be scratched. They aren't scratched if left inside either, even in sleep mode.

    I want a handheld console to recover the wasted time on transports (esp. when I get a job; no less than an hour and a half a day), so I can move playing time from home to this and have more free time. Therefore, I need to be able to play games as good, long, complex, and interesting, as possible, and with games like RPGs, who needs to switch games? I could very well have them at home and carry the console with just one game inside.

    So what I want in a handheld today is to be able to play full-fledged games just as I would do at home, saving time. I'll buy the handheld which better implements this.

    I think the PSP is going to have a sleep mode, why not? It's a perfectly logic and affordable technology that has been used for whole laptops for years.


    IRT TZ: What's your story?

  8. #1458
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Thenf or you, the PSP would probably be good, since you're on there for a long period of time, but most Americans don't have long rides, even if they ride a bus, it's usually only like 20 minutes. Most American teens/kids who'll be playing portables will be doing so for the reasons I said so.

    Also, PSP gets movies, DS gets backwards compatibility. Of course, PSP can only watcht he movies that are made for it, so not like you can throw in DVDs or something. So that ends up pretty lame to me, as most of the stuff I'd want to watch would be anime.

  9. #1459
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Depends on if I can burn my own. Most probably not. But I've heard it'll have a web browser (for cell phones) and other utilities that will definitely come in handy.

  10. #1460
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Save time?! Games are made to be time wasters.

    Besides, if you want a deep story, just find a good book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •